It has been active since 1966 and it promotes the recovery of the best quality of life for patients; it takes care of all aspects of disability both of cognitive and behavioral nature.
The rehabilitation team consists of doctors (physiatrists, neurologists and orthopedists), psychologists and neuropsychologists, physiotherapists, speech therapists, orthophonists, nurses, health workers, external orthopedic technicians. It operates in a multidisciplinary way and in synergy with the family and the social structures in the territory; it controls the whole rehabilitative process and it realizes a specific therapeutic project for each patient.
The patients who have been admitted to the Functional Unit of Neuromotor Rehabilitation access the structure:
- in the post-acute phase, coming from other institutes, following surgical intervention (neurosurgical, orthopedic), or recent traumas (also polytrauma), or because of neurological damages;
- during the exacerbation of chronic pathologies, through ordinary programmed hospitalization, day hospital or MAC regimen, to perform rehabilitative therapies (follow-up).
Approximately 750 patients are hospitalized every year, for a total of 21,000 days of hospitalization.Leggi di più
- 60 beds, distributed in 24 twin-bedded rooms, 6 single rooms and 2 3-bed rooms, all with bathroom, located in the historical wing VS and in the R and RN wings
- dining rooms, lounges and waiting rooms
- rooms for occupational therapy, speech therapy and individual patient treatment
- two gyms totaling 250sqm, located on the top floor of the building, overlooking the park, equipped with:
- Artromot / Kinetec (passive mobilization of hip and knee)
- Erigo bed (tilting table with robotic step)
- Lokomat (robotic locomotion)
- Parallel bars to support the recovery of standing and walking
- Static electric table, manual standing, electric standing
- Vario Pulley (tools for muscle strengthening)
- Portable electrostimulator; Bio-feedback; Portable electromyograph
- Virtual Reality Rehabilitation System (neurological and orthopedic rehabilitation system using virtual reality technology
- Armeo (robotic aid for the upper limb)
- Hunova (Robotic device for rehabilitation and motor assessment of lower limbs and trunk)
- Stability and proprioceptive platform
- Treadmill (gait trainer walking analysis function)
- Optogait (walking analysis)
- 4 Exercise bikes
- Biostep; Motomed (active and passive mobilizer for upper and lower limbs)
- 10 Electric / hydraulic beds for personalized physiotherapy treatments
- Electric lifters
For the treatment of neurological and orthopedic diseases we also use a therapeutic bath of 40 square meters, equipped with the most modern water handling devices and pools for partial hydrotherapy.
Neuromotor Rehabilitation includes the Neuropsychology Laboratory, where neuropsychological evaluations are carried out to detect the presence of cognitive-behavioral deficits (attention, reasoning, memory, language, etc.). Specific rehabilitation projects are implemented in the neuropsychological field within the Laboratory of Neuropsychology, and they’re aimed at the recovery of deficiency skills and at the reintegration into the work, school and social environment.
The patient faces a gradual and progressive therapeutic path to which family members can take part; in fact, thanks to periodic meetings, the characteristics and consequences of the pathologies suffered by their relatives will be described in detail, and useful indications will be provided to create suitable conditions for returning home or for social reintegration.
The Institute is also equipped with clinics for the assessment with stabilometric and posturometric stabilization platform; for personalized treatments of lymphatic drainage, massage therapy, therapy and bio-feedback; speech therapy treatments (aphasia, orthophony, dyslexia training – dyscalculia – aphasia).
The functional unit of Neuromotor Rehabilitation is also equipped with machineries for physical therapies which are located on the top floor of the structure, next to the gyms; this equipment includes: antalgic electrotherapy, galvanotherapy, iontophoresis, infrared radiation, laser analgesic therapy, magnetotherapy, radar therapy, ultrasound therapy, focused shockwaves and electrostimulation. It is also possible to perform inhalation therapies (aerosol therapy, steam inhalation, micronized nasal shower).
The total surface of the floor intended for rehabilitation services is 780 square meters.
Modern and recognized diagnostic protocols are applied for diagnosis and treatment and subsequent evaluation / verification of the results achieved, thanks to the use of specific outcome indicators for the various diseases.
All patients are evaluated through the “Functional Independent Measure” scale.
Depending on the pathology, the following specific assessment scales are also used:
- GCS for traumatized cranial patients
- NIHSS (severe brain injury)
- ASIA for patients with medullary lesion
- Merle d’Aubignè for hip prostheses
- UPDRS (Parkinson)
- Tinetti (Stroke)
- NRS for pain assessment
All medical protocols adopted by our Institute are identified with the Guidelines issued by the Italian Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Convection with prestigious universities such as those of Pavia, Milan and Pescara allows the training of physicians specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation, psychologists and physiotherapists.